Significant progress has been made on the LIRR Expansion Project from Floral Park to Hicksville, one of the region’s most noteworthy transportation projects. While the duration and intensity of work depends on the project element under construction, the 3rd Track Constructors team is phasing elements to reduce the amount of disruption in any given community at any given time.
During the month of November, you will see crews performing the following construction activities in Westbury:
- Crews from E-J Electric will continue the process of removing temporary utility poles across the entire project alignment.
- In some areas, workers may have to access private property in which case the project will coordinate in advance with individual business/property owners.
WESTBURY STATION ENHANCEMENTS
- Both pedestrian overpasses, elevator jacks, and pistons are now installed. Pocket park construction continues.
- Additional elevator, stairs, and guardrail work will continue throughout the month in anticipation of opening to the public.
- In November, crews will work to glaze the station house and install doors and shelters.
- Crews will continue finishing brick work at the station.
- Interior and exterior station house construction is in progress.
- Crews continue installation of the signage, guardrails handrails, roofing, and painting.
- Ongoing overpass construction will continue throughout the month.
- E-J Electric will work to install conduit, signage bands, and light fixtures during the month of November.
- Crews will continue punch list wall construction from North School Street to Wantagh Parkway.
- Milling and paving will take place on Union Avenue.
THIRD TRACK INSTALLATION
- The third track is in service and fully operational.
- Crews will install third rail cable pulls from School Street to Urban Avenue.
ADDITIONAL LIRR WORK ALONG THE RAILROAD RIGHT-OF-WAY
- In addition to the activities described above, you may see or hear LIRR forces working along the railroad right-of-way at various times during the month.
- To avoid LIRR service interruptions during peak commuting hours, LIRR work along the railroad right-of-way may be taking place overnight and on weekends.
- For more information, visit the post in the Community News section of LIRRExpansion.com.