Significant progress has been made on the LIRR Expansion Project from Floral Park to Hicksville, one of the region’s most noteworthy transportation projects. While the duration and intensity of work depends on the project element under construction, the 3rd Track Constructors team is phasing elements to reduce the amount of disruption in any given community at any given time.
During the month of November, you will see crews performing the following construction activities in Garden City and Garden City Park:
- Crews from EJ Electric will continue the process of removing temporary utility poles across the entire project alignment.
- In some areas, workers may have to access private property in which case the project will coordinate in advance with individual business/property owners.
MERILLON AVENUE STATION ENHANCEMENT
- Throughout November, crews will install snow melt under the north and south side platforms.
- Ongoing punch list work will continue in and around the station and the elevators.
- Crews are painting around the station area.
- Crews will install platform grates for the support building.
- Fence installation is complete at the station.
- In November, crews will continue construction including SOE, excavation, foundation and concrete work.
- The third track is in service and fully operational.
- New track cable pulls, track circuits and rail terminations will be installed at Merillon Avenue Station going east.
ADDITIONAL LIRR WORK ALONG THE RAILROAD RIGHT-OF-WAY
- In addition to the activities described above, you may see or hear LIRR forces working along the railroad right-of-way at various times during the month.
- To avoid LIRR service interruptions during peak commuting hours, LIRR work along the railroad right-of-way may be taking place overnight and on weekends.
- For more information, visit the post in the Community News section of LIRRExpansion.com.