- Crews from EJ Electric will continue the process of removing temporary utility poles across the entire project alignment.
- Workers may need access to private property in some areas, in which case the project will communicate with specific business/property owners ahead of time.
- Electrical work is ongoing.
- The G17 Substation is now in full service.
THIRD TRACK CONSTRUCTION
- The third track is in service and fully operational.
- Crews will install ballast on the north side of the station.
CARLE PLACE STATION ENHANCEMENT
- Crews will continue performing finish work in and around the Carle Place Station.
- Outstanding work includes security fencing installation and landscaping.
- Crews will install stone and shrubbery in and around the station.
- Installation of snowmelt will take place on the south side of the station.
- Modification of Stonehinge Lane is underway.
- In November, paving will commence on North and South Atlantic Avenue.
ADDITIONAL LIRR WORK ALONG THE RAILROAD RIGHT-OF-WAY
- In addition to the activities described above, you may see or hear LIRR forces working along the railroad right-of-way at various times during the month.
- To avoid LIRR service interruptions during peak commuting hours, LIRR work along the railroad right-of-way may be taking place overnight and on weekends.
- For more information, visit the post in the Community News section of LIRRExpansion.com.