- Crews from EJ Electric will continue the process of removing temporary utility poles across the entire project alignment.
- Workers may need access to private property in some areas, in which case the project will communicate with specific business/property owners ahead of time.
CARLE PLACE STATION ENHANCEMENT
- Crews will continue performing finish work in and around the Carle Place Station.
- Permanent railing will be installed at the station in September.
- On the weekend of Friday, September 9th through Friday, September 16th, a single lane road closure will be in effect on Cherry Lane at Atlantic Avenue to support construction at Carle Place Station. During this activity, access to Atlantic Ave South off of Cherry Lane will be restricted.
- For more information on this detour and how to navigate the area, please click here.
- Curtain wall construction will take place on the north and south side of the station.
- A dedicated landscaping area has been constructed along the wall on Atlantic Avenue and continued maintenance and landscaping of previously installed plantings is ongoing, as well as additional plantings in areas previously inaccessible.
- Install fence from Stonehenge Lane to Carle Place.
- In September, 3TC and E-J Electric will continue to work on the necessary electrical components, which feed the substation.
- The G17 Substation is one of several substations along the Main Line being replaced or modified with new modern equipment.
THIRD TRACK CONSTRUCTION
- Beginning of September, crews will finish track bed installation from Carle Place to Madison Avenue.
- Construction of the new third track is being installed between Carle Place Station and Westbury Station.
- From 9/10- 9/19, intensive work will take place around the clock to support temporary gangway installation and additional demolition work.
- Following this activity, the temporary platforms will be removed, and permanent platforms will be in service.
DOUBLE TRACK OUTAGES
- The LIRR Expansion Project is nearing completion. In the next few months, weekend rail service will be modified to allow the contractor, 3TC, and LIRR to finish work on the track, signals, switches, and stations. LIRR also will be performing non-project work during the weekend double-track outages (DTOs). Completing this intensive work in conjunction with the project will reduce the overall time and level of disruption required for these essential transportation upgrades.
- 9/10 – Project work will take place east of Roslyn Road to the east end of Meadowbrook Parkway
- 9/17 – Project work will take place from Denton Avenue to the east end of Mineola Station
- 9/24 – Project work will take place east of Mineola switch to Meadowbrook Parkway
- To best plan your trip, use the LIRR TrainTime app. You can also download the special timetable for your branch.
- For more information, please see: Weekend Shutdowns between Jamaica and Hicksville (mta.info).
ADDITIONAL LIRR WORK ALONG THE RAILROAD RIGHT-OF-WAY
- In addition to the activities described above, you may see or hear LIRR forces working along the railroad right-of-way at various times during the month.
- To avoid LIRR service interruptions during peak commuting hours, LIRR work along the railroad right-of-way may be taking place overnight and on weekends.
- For more information, visit the post in the Community News section of LIRRExpansion.com.