- Crews from EJ Electric will continue the process of removing temporary utility poles across the entire project alignment.
- Workers may need access to private property in some areas, in which case the project will communicate with specific business/property owners ahead of time.
- Throughout the month, punch list work will continue from Glen Cove to Meadowbrook and Meadowbrook to Cherry Lane.
- Support of excavation (SOE) work west of Post Avenue will continue through mid-July.
- Wall installation will occur through the summer from Carle Road to Madison
- A dedicated landscaping area has been constructed along the wall on Atlantic Avenue and continued maintenance and landscaping of previously installed plantings is ongoing, as well as additional plantings in areas previously inaccessible.
CHERRY LANE WORK
- On July 15th through Sunday, July 16th, construction crews will continue working to prepare the Cherry Lane Bridge for third track installation.
- Residents can expect intensive work early Saturday morning into Sunday evening, including during overnight hours.
- Specialized equipment will be used to minimize impact to the community.
- In July, 3TC and E-J Electric will continue to work on the necessary electrical components, which feed the substation. Once complete, 3TC will start the regreening process.
- During the weekend of July 9-10, crews will be using a hi-rail for cable pulling work.
- The G17 Substation is one of several substations along the Main Line being replaced or modified with new modern equipment.
THIRD TRACK CONSTRUCTION
- In late July, surfacing will occur from approx. Willis Ave to Glen Cove Road
- Surfacing will also take place during the second and third week of July from Old Country Road to Carle Place Station
- During the first week of July, on one night during the overnight hours, surfacing equipment will be moved from Divide 1 (approx. Urban Ave) to New Nassau 1 (approx. Merillon Ave Station)
CARLE PLACE STATION ENHANCEMENT
- Crews will continue performing finish work in and around the Carle Place Station.
DOUBLE TRACK OUTAGES
- July 9-10: LIRR is using a non-project related DTO to perform Track Work at Mineola Station using a track-laying machine (TLM).
- Hi-rails will be getting on and off on South 11thand Elmwood St to support Mineola work.
- July 16-17: Intensive piggyback work will occur while crews finish the restoration of the Atlantic Avenue wall on the north side of the tracks between the Meadowbrook Parkway and Cherry Lane Bridge.
- July 23-24: Intensive work will occur between Bellerose Station and Covert Avenue on the Hempstead Branch in Floral Park from 9 p.m. on Friday to 5 a.m. on Monday
- Weekend work will follow on the Mainline from Floral Park Station to NHP Station.
- July 30-31:
- Intensive project work will occur between Herricks Road in Mineola and Glen Cove road in Carle Place from 9PM on Friday to 5am on Monday while crews are installing the Nassau 2 switches just east of Mineola Station
- Project work will also be occurring up the Oyster Bay Branch to Jericho Tpke.
- Please visit the MTA Planned Service Page (https://new.mta.info/) to plan your trip.
ADDITIONAL LIRR WORK ALONG THE RAILROAD RIGHT-OF-WAY
- In addition to the activities described above, you may see or hear LIRR forces working along the railroad right-of-way at various times during the month.
- To avoid LIRR service interruptions during peak commuting hours, LIRR work along the railroad right-of-way may be taking place overnight and on weekends.
- For more information, visit the post in the Community News section of LIRRExpansion.com.