Significant progress has been made on the LIRR Expansion Project from Floral Park to Hicksville, one of the region’s most noteworthy transportation projects. While the duration and intensity of work depends on the project element under construction, the 3rd Track Constructors team is phasing elements to reduce the amount of disruption in any given community at any given time.
During the month of June, you will see crews performing the following construction activities in Mineola:
- Crews from E-J Electric have begun removing temporary utility poles across the entire project alignment.
- Workers may need access to private property in some areas, in which case the project will communicate with specific business/property owners ahead of time.
MINEOLA STATION ENHANCEMENTS
- Crews are continuing to work on both overpass buildings, the interior and exterior of the station house and the plaza area.
- E-J Electric is continuing the installation of conduit, canopy columns, signage bands, and light fixtures on both the north and south sides of the tracks.
- For ADA access points and help navigating the station, please click here.
- Work progresses on the G-16 substation as we continue the process of energizing the facility to prepare the substation for service.
- Work Crews will be up and down the ROW evaluating and backfilling where appropriate to bring this project element to substantial completion.
- Access to private property may be needed and business/homeowners will be contacted individually if so.
- On Saturday, June 4 from 1AM to 6PM there will be overnight work between Herricks and Mineola Station in Mineola while crews are installing wall panels.
3RD TRACK INSTALLATION
- Crews will install track and place ballast from Willis Ave to Roslyn Road.
- With planting season underway, 3TC has remained committed to landscaping and other design elements – such as the planting of trees, shrubs and other greenery – that will enhance a completed project element and contribute to the beautification of the corridor.
DOUBLE TRACK OUTAGES
- There are currently no double track outages scheduled for June. Check back next month for July and August DTO information.
ADDITIONAL LIRR WORK ALONG THE RAILROAD RIGHT-OF-WAY
- In addition to the activities described above, you may see or hear LIRR forces working along the railroad right-of-way at various times during the month.
- To avoid LIRR service interruptions during peak commuting hours, LIRR work along the railroad right-of-way may be taking place overnight and on weekends.
- For more information, visit the post in the Community News section of LIRRExpansion.com.