- Crews finishing the restoration of the Atlantic Avenue wall on the north side of the tracks between the Meadowbrook Parkway and Cherry Lane Bridge.
- Along the wall, a dedicated landscaping space has been constructed. Maintenance of plantings is ongoing and additional landscaping is being installed in areas that were previously inaccessible.
- In addition to plantings, 3TC is backfilling and working to complete this project element. Once complete, the metal cylinders at the base of the wall will not be exposed.
- Support of excavation work for walls will continue from Glen Cove to Meadowbrook and Meadowbrook to Cherry Ln.
- Crews from EJ Electric have begun removing temporary utility poles across the entire project alignment.
- Workers may need access to private property in some areas, in which case the project will communicate with specific business/property owners ahead of time.
- On the weekend of June 25th, crews from 3TC and the LIRR will be working to prepare the Cherry Lane Bridge for third track installation. Residents can expect intensive work early Saturday morning into Sunday evening, including during overnight hours.
- In June, 3TC and E-J Electric will continue to work on the necessary electrical components, which feed the substation. Once complete, 3TC will start the regreening process.
- The G17 Substation is one of several substations along the Main Line being replaced or modified with new modern equipment.
CARLE PLACE STATION ENHANCEMENT
- Crews will continue performing finish work in and around the Carle Place Station.
- 3TC has completed the modification of the Garden Ave ramp, ensuring ADA accessibility.
- Permanent handrails are expected to be installed this month.
DOUBLE TRACK OUTAGES
- There are currently no double track outages scheduled for June. Check back next month for July and August DTO information.
ADDITIONAL LIRR WORK ALONG THE RAILROAD RIGHT-OF-WAY
- In addition to the activities described above, you may see or hear LIRR forces working along the railroad right-of-way at various times during the month.
- To avoid LIRR service interruptions during peak commuting hours, LIRR work along the railroad right-of-way may be taking place overnight and on weekends.
- For more information, visit the post in the Community News section of LIRRExpansion.com.