- Crews from EJ Electric have begun the process of removing temporary utility poles across the entire project alignment.
- In some areas, workers may have to access private property in which case the project will coordinate in advance with individual business/property owners.
Mineola Station Enhancements
- Cast in place platforms are complete. Foundations and platforms are being installed on the northwest side of the station.
- Crews are working on both overpass buildings on the north and south sides of the tracks.
- EJ Electric is continuing the installation of conduit, signage bands, and light fixtures on both the north and south sides of the tracks.
- The Mineola Station House interior and exterior renovations are in progress.
- Plaza area on the south side of the station is in progress.
- For information on how to access and navigate the station, please click here.
- Crews will continue installing sound wall panels East of Herricks Rd to approximately Mineola station.
- In addition, crews will be up and down the ROW evaluating and backfilling where appropriate to bring this project element to substantial completion.
- Access to private property may be needed and business/home owners will be contacted individually if so.
3rd Track Installation
- Crews are continuing to remove existing and install new ballast from east of Willis Ave to Glen Cove Road on the south side of the tracks to prepare for the future installation of third track.
- J-Track will be delivering ties and building track in mid-May.
- With planting season underway, 3TC has remained committed to landscaping and other design elements – such as the planting of trees, shrubs and other greenery – that will enhance a completed project element and contribute to the beautification of the corridor.
Nassau 3 interlocking, Signal and Divide 1 system
- The new system is a necessary component of a comprehensive modernization effort to streamline operations, optimize flexibility, and ensure the safe movement of trains along the corridor.
- Crews have begun removing and installing the Divide 1 switches. For more information regarding this work and its impacts, please see the following notice from the MTA.
Double Track Outages and Weekend Work
Both tracks on the Mainline will be out of service on Saturdays from 1:17 am to Mondays at 2:27 am on the following, upcoming weekends:
- May 14-15
- May 21-22
Please visit the MTA Planned Service Page (https://new.mta.info/) to plan your trip
For residents living along the ROW:
Throughout the month of May, crews are working along the right-of-way on the weekends. Although work will be intensive along the corridor from Floral Park to Hicksville, consolidating the work timeframe will minimize impacts to commuters and the surrounding communities, ultimately reducing the need for invasive trackwork for years to come.
- On the weekends of May 14-15 and May 21-22 (Fridays at ~9:00 PM to Mondays at ~5:00 AM) crews are working along the right-of-way. Intensive work will occur between Urban Ave in New Cassel & Charlotte Ave in Hicksville.
- Please note that the LIRR and project team are utilizing upcoming DTO weekends to complete other necessary rail infrastructure upgrades along the corridor.
** There are no double-track outages or intensive work occurring during Mother’s Day, Memorial Day, the Belmont Stakes, or Father’s Day/Juneteenth weekend **
Additional LIRR Work Along the Railroad Right-of-Way
- In addition to the activities described above, you may see or hear LIRR forces working along the railroad right-of-way at various times during the month.
- To avoid LIRR service interruptions during peak commuting hours, LIRR work along the railroad right-of-way may be taking place overnight and on weekends.
- For more information, visit the post in the Community News section of LIRRExpansion.com.