- Crews substantially completed restoring Atlantic Avenue on the north side of the tracks between the Meadowbrook Parkway and Cherry Lane Bridge.
- A dedicated landscaping area has been constructed along the wall and landscaping has been installed in most of the available areas. In the spring of 2022, 3TC will return to the area to finish the wall in its permanent condition and maintain newly planted greenery.
- In addition to plantings, 3TC will begin the process of completing this project element by backfilling and performing finish work. Once complete, the metal cylinders at the base of the wall will not be exposed.
- Crews from EJ Electric have begun the process of removing temporary utility poles across the entire project alignment.
- In some areas, workers may have to access private property in which case the project will coordinate in advance with individual business/property owners.
- With the successful delivery and installation of the G17 Substation, 3TC and EJ Electric will continue to work on the necessary electrical components which feed the substation. Once complete, 3TC will start the regreening process.
- The G17 Substation is one of several substations along the Main Line being replaced or modified with new modern equipment.
Carle Place Station Enhancement
- 3TC, EJ Electric, and various subcontractors will continue performing finish work in and around the Carle Place Station.
- 3TC has completed the modification of the Garden Ave ramp, ensuring ADA accessibility. Permanent handrails are expected to be installed this month.
Nassau 3 Interlocking, Signal and Divide 1 System
- The new system is a necessary component of a comprehensive modernization effort to streamline operations, optimize flexibility, and ensure the safe movement of trains along the corridor.
- Crews have begun removing and installing the Divide 1 switches. For more information regarding this work and its impacts, please see the following notice from the MTA.
Double Track Outages and Weekend Work
Both tracks on the Mainline will be out of service on Saturdays from 1:17 am to Mondays at 2:27 am on the following, upcoming weekends:
- May 14-15
- May 21-22
Please visit the MTA Planned Service Page (https://new.mta.info/) to plan your trip
For residents living along the ROW:
Throughout the month of May, crews are working along the right-of-way on the weekends. Although work will be intensive along the corridor from Floral Park to Hicksville, consolidating the work timeframe will minimize impacts to commuters and the surrounding communities, ultimately reducing the need for invasive trackwork for years to come.
- On the weekends of May 14-15 and May 21-22 (Fridays at ~9:00 PM to Mondays at ~5:00 AM) crews are working along the right-of-way. Intensive work will occur between Urban Ave in New Cassel & Charlotte Ave in Hicksville.
- Please note that the LIRR and project team are utilizing upcoming DTO weekends to complete other necessary rail infrastructure upgrades along the corridor.
** There are no double-track outages or intensive work occurring during Mother’s Day, Memorial Day, the Belmont Stakes, or Father’s Day/Juneteenth weekend **
Additional LIRR Work Along the Railroad Right-of-Way
- In addition to the activities described above, you may see or hear LIRR forces working along the railroad right-of-way at various times during the month.
- To avoid LIRR service interruptions during peak commuting hours, LIRR work along the railroad right-of-way may be taking place overnight and on weekends.
- For more information, visit the post in the Community News section of LIRRExpansion.com.