Significant progress has been made on the LIRR Expansion Project from Floral Park to Hicksville, one of the region’s most noteworthy transportation projects. While the duration and intensity of work depends on the project element under construction, the 3rd Track Constructors team is phasing elements to reduce the amount of disruption in any given community at any given time.
During the month of February, you will see crews performing the following construction activities in New Cassel:
Completion dates are subject to change due to developments related to COVID-19
- Retaining and sound wall installation will continue on the north side of the tracks in New Cassel, from Sylvester Street to the Wantagh State Parkway.
Nassau 3 Interlocking & Signal System and Divide 1 system
- Crews are continuing to install utilities to support the New Nassau 3 Interlocking & Signal System and Divide 1 System from School Street to the Wantagh State Parkway along the right of way
G18 and G19 Substations
- Crews from 3TC and EJ Electric will continue performing the necessary electrical work to feed these substation’s
- The G18 and G19 Substations are two of several substations along the Main Line that have been replaced or modified with new modern equipment.
LIRR WORK ALONG THE RAILROAD RIGHT-OF-WAY
- In addition to 3TC’s activities, you may see or hear LIRR forces working along the railroad right-of-way
- To avoid LIRR service interruptions during peak commuting hours, LIRR work along the railroad right-of-way may take place overnight and on weekends
- For more information, visit the post in the Community News section of LIRRExpansion.com
Upcoming Double Track Outages
- Throughout the month of February, several double-track outages are currently scheduled to occur:
- Weekend of 2/5: East of Mineola
- Weekend of 2/12: from New Hyde Park to Westbury, including Mineola
- Weekend of 2/19: East of Mineola
- For the most up-to-date information on outages and accommodations, please visit https://new.mta.info/alerts, where updates will be posted soon.