Significant progress has been made on the LIRR Expansion Project from Floral Park to Hicksville, one of the region’s most noteworthy transportation projects. While the duration and intensity of work depends on the project element under construction, the 3rd Track Constructors team is phasing elements to reduce the amount of disruption in any given community at any given time.
During the month of February, you will see crews performing the following construction activities in Mineola:
Completion dates are subject to change due to developments related to COVID-19
Mineola Station Enhancements
- Installation of cast-in-place platforms is nearing completion
- Crews are working on the overpass building, on both the north and south sides of the tracks
- Work on the support building is continuing on the north side of the tracks
- EJ Electric is working on the installation of conduit, signage bands, and light fixtures on both the north and south sides of the tracks
- The Mineola Station House interior and exterior renovations are ongoing
- Crews will continue installing sound wall panels East of Herricks Rd to approximately Mineola station.
- 3TC and EJ Electric are continuing to install necessary utilities to feed the new substation
- The G16 Substation is one of several substations along the Main Line being replaced or modified with new modern equipment.
3rd Track Installation
- Crews are continuing to install ballast from Willis Ave to Glen Cove Road on the south side of the tracks to prepare for the future installation of third track
- Once complete, crews will begin the installation of the third track
LIRR Work Along The Right of Way
- In addition to 3TC’s activities, you may see or hear LIRR forces working along the railroad right-of-way
- To avoid LIRR service interruptions during peak commuting hours, LIRR work along the railroad right-of-way may take place overnight and on weekends
- For more information, visit the post in the Community News section of LIRRExpansion.com
Nassau 3 Interlocking
- Crews are continuing to install signal cable for the New Nassau 3 Interlocking & Signal System from Roslyn Road to the Glen Cove Road along the right of way on the north side of the tracks
Upcoming Double Track Outages
- Throughout the month of February, several double-track outages are currently scheduled to occur:
- Weekend of 2/5: East of Mineola
- Weekend of 2/12: from New Hyde Park to Westbury, including Mineola
- Weekend of 2/19: East of Mineola
- For the most up-to-date information on outages and accommodations, please visit https://new.mta.info/alerts, where updates will be posted soon.