Significant progress has been made on the LIRR Expansion Project from Floral Park to Hicksville, one of the region’s most noteworthy transportation projects. While the duration and intensity of work depends on the project element under construction, the 3rd Track Constructors team is phasing elements to reduce the amount of disruption in any given community at any given time.
During the month of Fabruary, you will see crews performing the following construction activities in Floral Park:
Completion dates are subject to change due to developments related to COVID-19
- 3TC Walls team will continue working on extending the wall adjacent to the G13 Substation.
- EJ Electric will be working along the right-of-way to install and repair conduits along the ROW.
- The Charles Street wall is in fabrication and its delivery is expected in the month of February.
Installation of the Charles Street wall is expected to begin in March.
LIRR Work Along the Railroad Right-of-Way
- In addition to 3TC’s activities, you may see or hear LIRR forces working along the railroad right-of-way
- To avoid LIRR service interruptions during peak commuting hours, LIRR work along the railroad right-of-way may take place overnight and on weekends
- For more information, visit the post in the Community News section of LIRRExpansion.com
Upcoming Double Track Outages
- Throughout the month of February, several double-track outages are currently scheduled to occur:
- Weekend of 2/5: East of Mineola
- Weekend of 2/12: from New Hyde Park to Westbury, including Mineola
- Weekend of 2/19: East of Mineola
- For the most up-to-date information on outages and accommodations, please visit https://new.mta.info/alerts, where updates will be posted soon.