Significant progress has been made on the LIRR Expansion Project from Floral Park to Hicksville, one of the region’s most noteworthy transportation projects. While the duration and intensity of work depends on the project element under construction, the 3rd Track Constructors team is phasing elements to reduce the amount of disruption in any given community at any given time.
During the month of November, you will see crews performing the following construction activities in Hicksville:
Completion dates are subject to change due to developments related to COVID-19
- Crews are continuing work on the signal power motor generator (MG) on the east side of the existing G20 Substation in Hicksville. MG20 will provide updated and increased power to the new and existing signal system
- The G20 Substation is one of several substations along the Main Line being replaced or modified with new modern equipment.
Double Track Outages
- Double track outages have been scheduled for the Main Line for October 23-24 and October 30-31
- To reduce the overall project schedule, the project team will use these double-track outages to complete other activities in proximity to the tracks
- During these weekends, residents will likely notice increased activity along the right-of-way
- To ensure restoration of rail service by Monday mornings, crews will be working through the overnight hours
- For more information on service changes from Floral Park Station to Hicksville Station, click here.
LIRR Work Along the Railroad Right-of-Way
- In addition to 3TC’s activities, you may see or hear LIRR forces working along the railroad right-of-way
- To avoid LIRR service interruptions during peak commuting hours, LIRR work along the railroad right-of-way may take place overnight and on weekends
- For more information, visit the post in the Community News section of LIRRExpansion.com
For up-to-date service changes and/or changes to station access, please visit MTA.info/LIRR