Significant progress has been made on the LIRR Expansion Project from Floral Park to Hicksville, one of the region’s most noteworthy transportation projects. While the duration and intensity of work depends on the project element under construction, the 3rd Track Constructors team is phasing elements to reduce the amount of disruption in any given community at any given time.
During the month of November, you will see crews performing the following construction activities in Carle Place:
Completion dates are subject to change due to developments related to COVID-19
- Crews have begun restoring Atlantic Avenue on the north side of the tracks between the Meadowbrook Parkway and Cherry Lane Bridge.
- A dedicated landscaping area is being constructed along the wall prior to the installation of plantings, which is expected to begin this Fall
- Following the successful delivery and installation of the G17 Substation, 3TC and EJ Electric will continue to work on the necessary electrical components which feed the substation
- The G17 Substation is one of several substations along the Main Line being replaced or modified with new modern equipment.
Nassau 3 Interlocking
- Crews will install utilities for the New Nassau 3 Interlocking & Signal System from Glen Cove Road to Post Avenue on the south side of the tracks along the right of way
Carle Place Station Enhancement
- EJ Electric crews will be performing finish work at the Carle Place Station for approximately two weeks in early November
LIRR Work Along The Right of Way
- In addition to 3TC’s activities, you may see or hear LIRR forces working along the railroad right-of-way
- To avoid LIRR service interruptions during peak commuting hours, LIRR work along the railroad right-of-way may take place overnight and on weekends
- For more information, visit the post in the Community News section of LIRRExpansion.com
For up-to-date service changes and/or changes to station access, please visit MTA.info/LIRR