Work is currently progressing on the Westbury South Parking Lot.
- Beginning Monday August 10, the Westbury North Parking Structure will open for public use in coordination with the Village of Westbury, LIRR and MTA C&D
- At the same time, the parking lot on the south side of the tracks along Railroad Avenue will close fully
- Simultaneously, the Westbury Station pedestrian tunnel will close for the duration of construction
- Pedestrians will be directed to utilize Post Avenue and School Street to traverse between the north and south sides of the tracks
- Union Avenue is currently restricted to westbound traffic only for the duration of construction on the pedestrian plaza at the corner of Post Avenue and Union Avenue.
- There will be no parking between Post Avenue and Linden Avenue throughout this phase of construction
- For the pedestrian detour, see map below
To stay informed about the LIRR Expansion Project, make sure to register for updates at – https://lirrexpansion.com/register-for-updates/. Should you have any additional questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us through the project’s 24-hour Hotline at 516.203.4955 or email us at CommunityOutreach@LIRRexpansion.com.