Significant progress has been made on the LIRR Expansion Project from Floral Park to Hicksville, one of the region’s most noteworthy transportation projects. While the duration and intensity of work depends on the project element under construction, the 3rd Track Constructors team is phasing elements to reduce the amount of disruption in any given community at any given time.
During the month of August, you will see crews performing the following construction activities in Hicksville:
Completion dates are subject to change due to developments related to COVID-19
- EJ Electric will work to install conduit underneath the Hicksville Station viaduct in August
- Crews will begin installing retaining wall along the north side of the tracks west of Hicksville Station to support the G20 Substation and motor generator (MG)
- Work on this project element will occur on weekends throughout the month of August
- Crews are continuing work on the motor generator (MG) which supports the G20 Substation in Hicksville
- Commuters and residents will notice crews constructing the MG20 on the east side of the existing substation
- The G20 Substation is one of several substations along the Main Line being replaced or modified with new modern equipment.
LIRR Work Along the Railroad Right-of-Way
- In addition to 3TC’s activities, you may see or hear LIRR forces working along the railroad right-of-way
- To avoid LIRR service interruptions during peak commuting hours, LIRR work along the railroad right-of-way may take place overnight and on weekends
- For more information, visit the post in the Community News section of LIRRExpansion.com
For up-to-date service changes and/or changes to station access, please visit MTA.info/LIRR