Significant progress has been made on the LIRR Expansion Project from Floral Park to Hicksville, one of the region’s most noteworthy transportation projects. While the duration and intensity of work depends on the project element under construction, the 3rd Track Constructors team is phasing elements to reduce the amount of disruption in any given community at any given time.
During the month of May, you will see crews performing the following construction activities in Carle Place:
Completion dates are subject to change due to developments related to COVID-19
Meadowbrook Parkway Bridge Modification Project
- Crews from EJ Electric will install conduit underneath the Meadowbrook Parkway Bridge this month
- Following this activity, paving will occur underneath the bridge
- The Meadowbrook Parkway Bridge is one of seven bridges to be modified or replaced along the LIRR Main Line. The bridge has been modified to improve infrastructure and support the new third track.
Cherry Lane Bridge Replacement Project
- 3TC will be waterproofing the Cherry Lane Bridge over one weekend in May
Carle Place Station Enhancement Project
- Finishing work on the Carle Place Station is continuing as crews work on installing station signage, USB charging stations, and cameras
- Crews from EJ Electric are progressing the installation of under platform conduit
- Testing and commissioning of the north and south platforms is ongoing
- Click here for up-to-date information on ingress and egress
Nassau 3 Interlocking
- Crews are continuing to install backbone conduit to support the New Nassau 3 Interlocking & Signal System from Glen Cove Road to Post Avenue along the right of way
- 3TC is continuing to work on the G17 Substation foundation and support walls
- The G17 Substation is one of several substations along the Main Line being replaced or modified with new modern equipment.
LIRR Work Along the Railroad Right-of-Way
- In addition to 3TC’s activities, you may see or hear LIRR forces working along the railroad right-of-way
- To avoid LIRR service interruptions during peak commuting hours, LIRR work along the railroad right-of-way may take place overnight and on weekends
- For more information, visit the post in the Community News section of LIRRExpansion.com
For up-to-date service changes and/or changes to station access, please visit MTA.info/LIRR