Work is beginning to resume on the LIRR Expansion Project following a temporary suspension of construction activities. Over the past several weeks, this transformative infrastructure project has been the focus of a rigorous review of safety protocols and procedures across the length of the corridor. With that review now complete, 3rd Track Constructors is restarting its assignment, focusing on efficiency and, most importantly, safety.
During the month of April, you will see crews performing the following construction activities in Westbury:
Completion dates are subject to change due to developments related to COVID-19
Westbury North Parking Structure
- Construction on the Westbury North Parking Structure is continuing as crews work to complete the ADA-compliant elevators
- The new four-level 683-space parking structure will retain 106 surface parking spaces and will add a net increase of 481 parking spaces
- On the south sides side of the tracks, crews are continuing to excavate and install wall panels from Ellison Avenue to Post Avenue
- Crews are working to backfill and grade the substation area in preparation for the prefabricated substation delivery
- New utility cable is being installed to support the new substation structure
- The G19 Substation is one of several substations along the Main Line being replaced or modified with new modern equipment.
Nassau 3 Interlocking
- Crews are continuing to install backbone conduit to support the New Nassau 3 Interlocking & Signal System from Glen Cove Road to Post Avenue along the right of way
For up-to-date service changes and/or changes to station access, please visit MTA.info/LIRR