New Hyde Park
Work is beginning to resume on the LIRR Expansion Project following a temporary suspension of construction activities. Over the past several weeks, this transformative infrastructure project has been the focus of a rigorous review of safety protocols and procedures across the length of the corridor. With that review now complete, 3rd Track Constructors is restarting its assignment, focusing on efficiency and, most importantly, safety.
During the month of April, you will see crews performing the following construction activities in New Hyde Park:
Completion dates are subject to change due to developments related to COVID-19
South 12th Street Pedestrian Underpass
- Crews will continue installing support of excavation (SOE) for the pedestrian underpass
- The new ADA compliant South 12th Street Pedestrian Underpass will maintain connectivity and access to both the north and south sides of the tracks
- Click here to view the pedestrian detour, in effect until the opening of the underpass in 2021, and the new permanent vehicular traffic route
G14 Substation Replacement
- Work on the G14 Substation is progressing on the corner of South 9th Street and 3rd Avenue
- Crews are prepping the substation site for the delivery of the prefabricated substation building, which is scheduled to be delivered next week, beginning on Wednesday, April 14 and continuing through Friday, April 16
- Click here to read more about this project activity
- The G14 Substation is one of several substations along the Main Line being replaced or modified with new modern equipment.
For up-to-date LIRR service changes and/or changes to station access, please visit www.MTA.info/LIRR