Work is beginning to resume on the LIRR Expansion Project following a temporary suspension of construction activities. Over the past several weeks, this transformative infrastructure project has been the focus of a rigorous review of safety protocols and procedures across the length of the corridor. With that review now complete, 3rd Track Constructors is restarting its assignment, focusing on efficiency and, most importantly, safety.
During the month of April, you will see crews performing the following construction activities in New Cassel:
Completion dates are subject to change due to developments related to COVID-19
- Crews are working to backfill and grade the substation area in preparation for the prefabricated substation delivery
- The prefabricated structure is scheduled to be delivered to the site from Thursday, April 22, through Saturday, April 24
- The G18 Substation is one of several substations along the Main Line being replaced or modified with new modern equipment.
- Crews from 3TC and EJ Electric will continue performing the necessary electrical work to feed the substation
- Residents will notice crews working both during the day and overnight, along the right of way, in support of this operation
- The G19 Substation is one of several substations along the Main Line being replaced or modified with new modern equipment.
- Retaining and sound wall installation will continue on the north side of the tracks in New Cassel, from School Street to the Wantagh State Parkway
LIRR Work Along The Right-of-Way
- In addition to 3TC’s activities, you may see or hear LIRR forces working along the railroad right-of-way
- To avoid LIRR service interruptions during peak commuting hours, LIRR work along the railroad right-of-way may take place overnight and on weekends
- For more information, visit the post in the Community News section of LIRRExpansion.com
For up-to-date service changes and/or changes to station access, please visit MTA.info/LIRR