Work is beginning to resume on the LIRR Expansion Project following a temporary suspension of construction activities. Over the past several weeks, this transformative infrastructure project has been the focus of a rigorous review of safety protocols and procedures across the length of the corridor. With that review now complete, 3rd Track Constructors is restarting its assignment, focusing on efficiency and, most importantly, safety.
During the month of April, you will see crews performing the following construction activities in Carle Place:
Completion dates are subject to change due to developments related to COVID-19
Carle Place Station Enhancement Project
- Finishing work on the Carle Place Station is continuing as crews work on the ADA-compliant elevators.
- Commuters may continue to access the station using the following ingress and egress points:
- Cherry Lane, Stonehinge Lane and Carle Road entrances on the north side of the tracks
- Cherry Lane and Carle Road on the south side of the tracks. Garden Avenue remains closed to allow for the installation of utilities
Meadowbrook Parkway Bridge Modification Project
- Crews will be forming curbs along the parkway in the upcoming days
- The Meadowbrook Parkway Bridge is one of seven bridges to be modified or replaced along the LIRR Main Line. The bridge has been modified to improve infrastructure and support the new third track.
Nassau 3 Interlocking
- Crews are continuing to install backbone conduit to support the New Nassau 3 Interlocking & Signal System from Glen Cove Road to Post Avenue along the right of way
For up-to-date service changes and/or changes to station access, please visit MTA.info/LIRR