3rd Track Constructors (3TC) is getting closer to breaking ground on the new, 676-space, multi-level parking structure on what is now the Westbury North Parking Lot. This new facility will dramatically increase the availability of parking for Westbury Station and is part of the overall LIRR Expansion Project.
3TC, in collaboration with the Village of Westbury and the Town of North Hempstead, announced a number of parking options and alternatives to ensure that everyone that may be impacted by the closure of the Westbury North Parking Lot is accommodated.
Beginning Monday, April 22, the Westbury South Parking Lot will be open to all Village of Westbury permitted parkers. Additionally, alternative parking will be available at the site of the former Source Mall, located on Old Country Road. The alternative parking lot has approximately 300 spaces and will come with a free shuttle service that is planned to operate at regular intervals to transport customers to/from the station and parking lot.
- Shuttle service hours of operation:
- Weekdays (including all federally recognized holidays), from 5:00 a.m. – 9:30 p.m.
- Shuttle service intervals:
- 20-minute intervals during Peak periods (5:00 a.m. – 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. – 9:30 p.m.)
- 30-minute intervals during Off-Peak periods
- Shuttle pick-up/drop-off locations:
- Alternative parking lot: Northwest side of the lot
- Westbury Station: North side of the station, east of the taxi service on Union Avenue
- Parking in the South Lot will be permitted as follows:
- Weekdays: 5:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m., Village of Westbury resident permit holders only
- Weekdays: 6:00 p.m. – Midnight, parking is open, free and unrestricted
- Weekends/federally recognized holidays: 5:00 a.m. – Midnight, parking is open, free and unrestricted
- No overnight parking permitted, weekdays and weekends
Click here to see detailed maps of the alternative parking options.
To stay informed about the LIRR Expansion Project, make sure to register for updates at – https://lirrexpansion.com/register-for-updates/.
Should you have any additional questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us through our 24/7 hotline, 516-203-4955 or email us at CommunityOutreach@LIRRexpansion.com.