Garden City & Garden City Park
The LIRR Expansion Project from Floral Park to Hicksville, one of the region’s most significant transportation infrastructure projects, is now underway throughout the communities along a nearly ten mile stretch of mainline track.
The duration and intensity of work depends on the project element under construction. The project elements are phased to reduce the amount of disruption in any given community at any given time.
During the month of March, you may see crews in and around Garden City and Garden City Park performing ongoing rodent control, and monitoring construction activities for noise, dust, and vibration.
Merillon Avenue Station Enhancement
- During March, crews will demolish 500 ft. of the westernmost portion of the eastbound and westbound platforms
- Signage will be displayed to alert commuters of the ongoing construction activitie
New Hyde Park Road Grade Crossing Elimination Project
- In preparation for heavier construction and in coordination with various utilities, 3TC is continuing to relocate the underground and overhead utilities along New Hyde Park Road
- This work may include intermittent lane closures, and the construction team will provide cones, flagmen and signage at the work site, as needed
LIRR Work along the Railroad Right-of-Way
- In addition to 3TC’s activities, LIRR forces will be working along the railroad right-of-way
- These activities are ongoing across the Main Line corridor, and may include: regular track inspection & maintenance, rail tie replacement, and grade crossing elimination
- For more information, visit this link in the Community News section of LIRRExpansion.com