The LIRR Expansion Project from Floral Park to Hicksville, one of the region’s most significant transportation infrastructure projects, is now underway throughout the communities along a nearly ten mile stretch of mainline track.
During the month of December, you will see construction crews performing work in New Cassel. Specifically, crews will continue work to relocate and install overhead and underground utilities. By way of explanation:
Urban Avenue Underground Utility Relocation
- Construction crews continue to work to relocate and install the overhead and underground utilities in the area of the Urban Avenue Grade Crossing Elimination Project
- The following streets will be closed to all traffic between 7:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. on the noted dates:
- From Nov. 30 to Dec. 7 – Broadway, between Urban Ave. and Kinkel St.
- From Dec. 8 to Dec. 18 – Kinkel St., between Broadway and Railroad Ave.
- From Dec. 18 to Dec. 21 – Railroad Ave., between Kinkle St. and Urban Ave.
- The construction team will provide cones, flagmen and signage at the work site